A NOT SO GLAMOROUS LOOK AT THE UNDERBELLY OF CHICAGO'S HOUSING MARKET


All photos taken live from Chicago properties & environs

Friday, May 25, 2012

Carlton Sheets Acolyte Now Selling Herbalife

One foreclosed building owner, in Chicago's tony Roscoe Village neighborhood, blames his broken VCR for his inability to turn Guru Sheets sage advice into a Chicago real estate empire.

"I bought my first building here in late 2006, got some tenants, and started watching the second tape, "Using your new equity", when my stupid stupid VCR went. Gone! I spent a year trying to fix it, then said screw it, tried to sell, didn't know what I was doing wrong, and then decided to let the bank take it. But hey, it took them four years to foreclose, I still made some cash, and, uh,hey, you want to try this drink here. Really, it's awesome. You'll love it. Go ahead, take a sip..."
ROSCOE VILLAGE(building altered for legal reasons, tapes real)

No comments:

Post a Comment