A NOT SO GLAMOROUS LOOK AT THE UNDERBELLY OF CHICAGO'S HOUSING MARKET


All photos taken live from Chicago properties & environs

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Stairs Unhappy About Wife's Decorating

After nearly a century of uninhibited views across the foyer, this 93 year old Little Italy staircase has had enough. First the new owners, mainly that 'woman who thinks she knows where everything goes', filled the foyer with large tropical plants. Then she moved the plants and put a table covered with vases. But now, now she's really done it by placing two couches and a coffee table right in the 'god damn entryway'.

The staircase voiced his concern about the future of foyers, and for that matter, grand staircases, "I'm afraid I may be the one out of the times. Afterall, I've spent my whole life inside this handcrafted brick rowhome. And this woman, well she is the future. Soon doors will open directly into the living room and stairs will be hidden behind doors. I think I'm going to die now. Goodbye."

LITTLE ITALY

No comments:

Post a Comment